Best External Hard Drive Docks
The reality is that the world is constantly evolving, and the term “external hard drive dock” doesn’t seem to fit well into the new era of “free” storage. If you don’t want to be left behind and access your data on the go, you need to keep a good backup. If a third-party device that allows you to use external hard drives is a must, you can safely stick with the traditional way. So, what are the best external hard drive docks this year?
External Hard Drive Docks: Choosing the Best
An external hard drive dock happens to be one of the most useful accessories you can have. It allows you to easily and safely connect your hard drive to your PC and then easily move it to your desktop, another computer, or a USB hub. There are a number of different types of external hard drive docks, but they all serve the same function.
Best external hard drive docks are one of the most popular categories of products, with many different models available. If you are looking for one, here are the following best external hard drive docks that we selected for your consideration:
- Icy Dock DOCK 2.5” to 3.5” SAS/SATA Hard Drive Dock – There are a lot of external hard drive docks on the market, and most of them are not very useful. That’s why Icy Dock DOCK 2.5” has become one of the best external hard drive docks. It has a built-in high-speed, a USB 3.0 port, and supports the new USB 3.1 Gen 1 Type-C interface, which supports an ultra-fast transfer speed of up to 5 Gbps. The docking station also supports up to two USB 3.0 devices and provides three USB 3.0 ports.
- SIIG Superspeed USB 3.0 To Sata 3GB/S Hard Drive Dock – Does your computer have a USB 3.0 port? If so, you may want to consider purchasing a USB 3.0 Hard Drive Dock from SIIG. These external hard drive docks provide an affordable way to connect an external hard drive to your PC, Mac, or another computer system. This dock connects to a USB 3.0 port on your computer while also providing an additional 3.0 port. This gives you the ability to add a USB 3.0 drive to your computer and use that extra port for something else while still using your computer’s USB 3.0 port. This allows you to make the most of the Hard Drive Dock’s extra 3.0 port.
- StarTech.com Dual Bay USB 3.0/ eSATA Hard Drive Dock – It can be difficult to find the right combination of features in an external hard drive dock these days. While most docks provide USB 3.0 and/or eSATA connectivity, they’re often underpowered, lacking useful features, or both. The StarTech.com Dual Bay USB 3.0/ eSATA Hard Drive Dock provides the best of both worlds: dual-Bay connectivity for both USB 3.0 and eSATA devices, a high-speed USB 3.0 hub, and an eSATA drive bays that can accommodate both 2.5-inch and 3.5-inch devices.
- INEO USB 3.1 Gen1 to SATA 2.5”- or 3.5-inch Hard Drive Dock – It’s a dock that you can use to connect up to two 2.5” or 3.5” hard drives to your PC or Mac. It’s a great little device that assures you the fastest transfer speed that is up to 5Gbps vs. 5Gbps of the Seagate Backup Plus. It is also a very cheap price compared to its competitors. This is a great external hard drive dock if you have recently upgraded to Windows 10.
- Aleratec 350123 1:1 HDD USB 3.0 Hard Drive Dock – The Aleratec 350123 1:1 HDD USB 3.0 Hard Drive Dock is an ultra-portable hard drive dock that allows you to store and access your music, images, movies, and other files on an external hard drive using your USB 3.0 port. It also packs in a USB 2.0 port which allows you back-ups of your files to be transferred to the hard drive without the use of an additional USB hub. It will also come with a power adapter and carries a 2-year warranty.
You’re halfway through the workday and realize that you have to get your files off the hard drive and onto your new drive. But which do you get? The truth is, there’s no need to get both. With the right external hard drive dock, you have the versatility of a regular drive and the benefits of an external one.